(also obconic /-ˈkänik/)
- In the form of an inverted cone.More example sentences
- The sponges are large, obconical to conical-cylindrical, with dermal surface marked by irregular, horizontal, annulations or nodes and closely spaced, thin, longitudinal ridges.
- The species is represented in our collections by small anthaspidellid sponges that range from stalked individuals that expand upward as broadly to steeply obconical forms, to more rare simple branched forms.
- In comparison to known species of the genus, Rhopalocoelia bachuensis, is a relatively larger and broader obconical sponge.
More definitions of obconicalDefinition of obconical in:
- The British & World English dictionary