(also obi /ˈōbē/)
- A kind of sorcery practiced especially in the Caribbean.More example sentences
- Informal social control occurs through peer pressure, gossip, and fear of harmful magic known as obeah.
- Although it has been illegal for a long time, obeah, the traditional witchcraft of the Caribbean, still exists.
- Some still fear the African-derived black magic called obeah that is common in the Caribbean region.
Twi, from bayi 'sorcery'.
More definitions of obeahDefinition of obeah in:
- The British & World English dictionary