- Mark (a word or passage) with an obelus to show that it is spurious, corrupt, or doubtful.More example sentences
- Graham's ‘obelizing’ makes for a poetry full of rhythmic complexity and moments of semantic uncertainty which are fundamental to the reader's experience of the poem.
- I obelize barbaros because there is no other record of birds called by this name.
- In twelve places Danese obelizes a word or line.
mid 17th century: from Greek obelizein, in the same sense.
More definitions of obelizeDefinition of obelize in:
- The British & World English dictionary