A program into which some other program is translated by an assembler or compiler.
- A non-source executable file is also called an object program.
- The object program is generated after optimization simply by transcribing the information encoded in the quadruples into machine instructions.
- After many studies of FORTRAN programs in situations where the execution speed of the object program was a critical factor, we realized that the FORTRAN H Extended compiler did not always produce the expected highly optimized code.
object programming noun
- Example sentences
- But why has it taken Compu-soft twenty years to wake up to the well-understood advantages of object programming?
- In this paper we introduce contracted persistent object programming, a new approach to persistent programming, that is based on orthogonal persistence, but constrained to the object-oriented case.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: ob·ject pro·gram
Definition of object program in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.