- (In linear programming) the function that it is desired to maximize or minimize.More example sentences
- The purpose of a linear program is to maximize or minimize an objective function subject to a set of linear constraints.
- The first is a greedy algorithm that employs two objective functions sequentially, first minimizing the sums of the squares of the bin lengths and then minimizing the maximum bin length.
- The Hessian matrix is usually required to generate a set of conjugate vectors to minimize a particular objective function.
More definitions of objective functionDefinition of objective function in:
- The British & World English dictionary