- (Of a leaf) ovate with the narrower end at the base.More example sentences
- Juvenile plants and regrowth stems usually have obovate leaves, but these are soon deciduous and rarely appear on older stems.
- Seed number, size, and fruit shape all can vary on a single plant, with the smaller, more obovate fruits generally having fewer and smaller seeds.
- Most of the species studied have a pollinarium composed by four superimposed, obovate to rotund, unequal (two larger, two smaller) pollinia.
More definitions of obovateDefinition of obovate in:
- The British & World English dictionary