noun[usually treated as singular]
- The branch of medicine and surgery concerned with childbirth and the care of women giving birth.More example sentences
- He was like a physician who simultaneously mastered cardiovascular surgery, obstetrics, oncology and neurology.
- Most doctors go into areas where changes can still be made to patients' lives, such as surgery or obstetrics and gynaecology.
- Newer types of triage include mental health, cardiology, obstetrics, and nurse triage.
More definitions of obstetricsDefinition of obstetrics in:
- The British & World English dictionary