- A South American plant related to wood sorrel, long cultivated in Peru for its edible tubers.
More example sentences
- Oxalis tuberosa, family Oxalidaceae
- The potato was also of great importance and, with its related tubers oca and ulluco, provided crops which were protected from the frost, hail, and storms.
- Cultivated oca has an important place in the diets and farming systems of rural communities in the Andean highlands.
- Several families were harvesting bright yellow oca (a sweet potato).
early 17th century: from American Spanish, from Quechua ócca.
More definitions of ocaDefinition of oca in:
- The British & World English dictionary