- A small egg-shaped wind instrument with a mouthpiece and holes for the fingers. Also called sweet potato.More example sentences
- What is Elgar's patented nobilmente doing beside the evocation of harmonicas and ocarinas?
- The woodwind players are sometimes asked to play ocarinas, those strange lemon-shaped clay whistles with simple finger-holes all over them.
- He had a small lyre strapped to his back, and a shining ocarina hanging from a cord around his neck.
late 19th century: from Italian, from oca 'goose' (from its shape).
More definitions of ocarinaDefinition of ocarina in:
- The British & World English dictionary