- The doctrine ascribing the connection between mental and bodily events to the continuing intervention of God.More example sentences
- Cordemoy was one of the first, if not the first, to argue that Cartesian metaphysics leads to occasionalism.
- Edwards' mental phenomenalism is a natural extension of his occasionalism and views on substance.
- Throughout Letters, Norris defends his occasionalism against Astell's critiques.
More definitions of occasionalismDefinition of occasionalism in:
- The British & World English dictionary