- The bone that forms the back and base of the skull, and through which the spinal cord passes.More example sentences
- When this slip inserts onto the occipital bone or mastoid process it is named splenius capitis accessorius.
- The skull has a roughen surface to the parietal bone and the occipital bone.
- In general, neoplasms of the occipital bone are rather infrequent when compared to other bones of the skull.
More definitions of occipital boneDefinition of occipital bone in:
- The British & World English dictionary