- Another factor of cardinal importance in protecting building occupants is debris mitigation.
- Several ships tracked the pod, fearing that its sole occupant was escaping.
- Mr Melvin was the sole occupant of the car, and no other vehicles were involved.
- The main concern of the Australian Republican Movement has always been with the Office of Governor-General rather than any one occupant of the position.
- One newspaper said yesterday that they were proof that he is ‘one of the most reactionary occupants of his office in modern times’.
- Over the years, Larry's show has become a favorite forum for would-be occupants of the Oval Office.
- The Government should demonstrate its commitment to property rights by evicting illegal occupants.
- The goal is to have a safe, functional, and reliable system to protect the occupants and property.
- Marcus contended that municipal services were linked to the property rather than the occupant.
Late 16th century (in the legal sense 'person who establishes a title'): from French, or from Latin occupant- 'seizing', from the verb occupare.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.