noun• dated or • offensive
- A person who is one-eighth black by descent.More example sentences
- He has no trouble referring to ‘full-bloods’, ‘half-castes’, ‘octoroons’.
- When Ellen was reading stories of old New Orleans, the concept of ‘mulattos’ and ‘octoroons’ prompted her to curious questions.
- Yes, in the American south well past the days of slavery, you could find references to maroons, quadroons, octoroons, etc.
mid 19th century: from octo- 'eight', on the pattern of quadroon.
More definitions of octoroonDefinition of octoroon in:
- The British & World English dictionary