- 1Consisting of eight parts or things.More example sentences
- I couldn't decide whether to feel old and boring or as if I was 14 and on an octuple date.
- The five octuple launchers are installed with the caps almost flush with the surface of the bow deck behind the main gun.
verbBack to top
- Make or become eight times as numerous or as large.More example sentences
- Doctors' salaries have octupled, and 22 million vaccination doses have been given to Iraqi children.
- The penalty shoot-out is unfair because it puts completely unfamiliar demands on a person and then it octuples the stakes.
early 17th century: from French octuple or Latin octuplus (both adjectives), from octo 'eight' + -plus (as in duplus 'double').
More definitions of octupleDefinition of octuple in:
- The British & World English dictionary