1An incomplete set or random mixture of things.
- Some local retailers are sticking to price levels around 150-160p/kilo and I still have the odd lot sold at 185p/kilo but I am sure this is pretty unique.
- Let's face it the mentally ill, myself included, are an odd lot.
- The people are an odd lot who should probably have spent more time in lessons instead of scoring behind the bike sheds.
1.1US Finance A transaction involving less than the usual round number of shares.
- Individuals, who account for most purchases, buy stamps in odd lots.
- The odd lot sales ratio measures the ratio of odd lot sales (which trade less than 100 shares of stock at a time) to odd lot purchases.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: odd lot
Definition of odd lot in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.