Having or giving off a smell, especially an unpleasant or distinctive one: spicily concocted with odoriferous herbs an odoriferous pile of fish remains
More example sentences
- And he was turned out into the street like an odoriferous dog.
- Fill your empty backpack with a freshly baked baguette, a fine, odoriferous fromage, a bottle of red, some fruit and you're good to go.
- To shower I have to step through the odoriferous scum floating in the water.
late Middle English: from Latin odorifer 'odor-bearing' + -ous.
- More example sentences
- There's something odiferously cheesy about tribute bands.
- An odiferously active molecule wafts into the nose and into the proximity of the nasal epithelium.