(also Off-Broadway or off Broadway or Off Broadway)
Definition of off-Broadway in English:
(Of a theater, play, or performer) located in, appearing in, or associated with an area of New York City other than the Broadway theater district, typically with reference to experimental and less commercial productions.
- By age eight, she had an agent and was studying dance and performing arts, appearing in TV commercials and off-Broadway plays.
- She appeared in Broadway and off-Broadway productions.
- An off-Broadway actress, Kelly is loud, friendly, and is one of those people that everyone else seems to know.
nounBack to top
Off-Broadway theaters and productions collectively.
- Behind him was the legendary West End producer, who had brought it to London from off-Broadway.
- Coming to Toronto from off-Broadway, The Confessions of Punch and Judy purports to be an updating of the infamous English puppet plays.
- The feeling in the audience for The Full Monty is quite unlike the bachelorette squealing that greets off-Broadway's squeaky-clean Naked Boys Singing.
Definition of off-Broadway in:
- British & World English dictionary