- 1A person who commits an illegal act: an institution for juvenile offendersMore example sentences
- Offenders often fail to realize the severity of their crimes, and an antagonistic prison environment can exacerbate feelings of being wrongly accused and hamper treatment.
- State budget deficits are often amplified by costs associated with prisons bulging with nonviolent drug offenders.
- In the past two decades, the federal prison population has doubled, mostly due to drug offenders.
- 2A person or thing that offends, does something wrong, or causes problems: of atmospheric pollutants, the worst offender is sulfur dioxide he himself may be an offender of the very issues he is discussingMore example sentences
- The two greatest offenders come back-to-back in the middle of the album.
- In this respect, the Roman Catholics are not by any means the only offenders.
- People working in hospitals have told me that the worst offenders for not washing their hands are the doctors.