- A person who holds public office.More example sentences
- They also passed a law that public officeholders possess the moral characteristics of ‘piety, justice, moderation, temperance, industry, and frugality.’
- Political parties have operated infrequently in the past, and public officeholders tend to be independents.
- He challenged the media to put similar public pressure on those officeholders.
More definitions of officeholderDefinition of officeholder in:
- The British & World English dictionary