Definition of ohm in English:
The SI unit of electrical resistance, expressing the resistance in a circuit transmitting a current of one ampere when subjected to a potential difference of one volt. (Symbol: Ω)
- Both antennas feature linear polarization, an impedance of 50 ohms and maximum input power at 10 watts.
- It is important for the termination to be precisely 50 ohms for the bridge to function properly on 50-ohm communication systems.
- If you use a resistor less than 100 ohms you'll know it because it will get hot.
mid 19th century: named after G. S. Ohm (see Ohm, Georg).
- Example sentences
- Bilayers of Ni / Au and Al / Ti were deposited by e-beam evaporation as p- and n-type ohmic contacts for current injection.
- The exposed backside is recessed at the central gate location to define the current path which connects the source and drain ohmic contacts.
- We believe this activation is probably an ohmic phenomenon like an instantaneous I-V relation.