Definition of oil painting in English:
1The art of painting with oil paints.
- With the encouragement of her son, also an artist, she experimented with various techniques: oil painting, coloured Indian inks, engraving, sculpture.
- She specializes in various techniques, including oil painting and mixed media.
- Many Indonesians practice Western arts, from oil painting to metal sculpture, the subjects of which are often inspired by Indonesian life and traditions.
1.1A picture painted with oil paints.
- He made oil paintings and watercolors and attracted some attention with local art exhibitions.
- Family Copies recreates oil paintings or watercolors by using an image from a digital or photographic source.
- To her it doesn't matter if an image is a fine oil painting on canvas or a digital reproduction on a screen.
Definition of oil painting in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.