- The bottom section of the crankcase of an internal combustion engine, serving as the reservoir for its lubricating oil.More example sentences
- The engine exhales through a 21-liter muffler and twin 15-liter resonators, and uses a cast-aluminum oil pan and liquid-filled engine mounts to reduce NVH levels.
- It also has a deeper oil pan, a lighter and more compact water pump, accessory drives that are 37-mm closer to the block, and a redesigned exhaust manifold.
- Having seen what engine vibrations look like at the bottom of an oil pan, I had a hunch our once finely balanced turbine had serious problems.
More definitions of oil panDefinition of oil pan in:
- The British & World English dictionary