Definition of oilcloth in English:
1Fabric treated on one side with oil to make it waterproof.
- The sides are draped with oilcloth so that no one can look in.
- Look for oilcloth online or at specialty fabric shops.
- Nine ounces of oilcloth is always a sign of durable cotton.
1.1A canvas coated with linseed or other oil and used to cover a table or floor.
- That was why the bronze screw and rudder were covered by oilcloths until they were safely submerged and out of sight.
- In the middle of the room, a long plank table stood, an oilcloth covering it.
- A table covered with a dark oilcloth took up all the middle of the little room.
Definition of oilcloth in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.