noun(the old country)
- The native country of a person who has gone to live abroad.More example sentences
- There was an amazingly diverse audience at the show, proving that Celtic music is not just for old folk from the old country - long live the fiddle!
- The gentleman was an old friend of Maurice's father, from the old country.
- It is perfectly worth his while to pay, besides these high wages, the cost of the passage of free labour from the old country to the colony.
More definitions of old countryDefinition of old country in:
- The British & World English dictionary