- (Of a tree or forested area) never felled, harvested, or cleared; mature: old-growth forestsMore example sentences
- The Nerussa River, a secluded waterway surrounded by peat bogs and old-growth oak forests, meandered through this area.
- They are often found in mature and old-growth forests, but will breed in second growth as long as there are some large nesting trees.
- Our study examined seed dispersal of trees in an old-growth forest.
More definitions of old-growthDefinition of old-growth in:
- The British & World English dictionary