- 1 • informal A person’s father, husband, or boyfriend.More example sentences
- Its great to drink with your old man on fathers day
- So, your old man's a fraud
- Give your old man a kiss
- 1.1 (the old man) A man in authority over others, especially an employer or commanding officer: the old man wants a progress reportMore example sentences
- Dressed, we walked down to the office where the old man was already pouring a drink.
- Willie takes over the business but admits the old man as silent partner, as the two younger daughters become free to marry.
- And not to forget that as long as the old man is still the President of Swapo, all of us are actually financing the activities of Swapo.
- 1.2Used with a surname instead of “Mr.”: old man RobertsMore example sentences
- The courtesans gathered, musicians played, and a feast like none had before witnessed was prepared to welcome back the Prince and to celebrate old man Clemantini.
More definitions of old manDefinition of old man in:
- The British & World English dictionary