Definition of old man's beard in English:
1A wild clematis that has fluffy gray hairs around the seeds.
- Genus Clematis, family Ranunculaceae: several species, in particular traveler’s joy and virgin’s bower
- Other plants in the ecozone include salal, Oregon grape, arbutus, sword fern, skunk cabbage, salmonberry, devil's club, western bleeding heart, red huckleberry, old man's beard, red elderberry, calypso orchid, and Viola langsdorfii
- Ragwort and old man's beard also have to be controlled.
- The importance of removing the true nasties - old man's beard, ginger, wandering willy - from the forest floor is easy to understand, at least to anyone who has witnessed the devastation that these plants can do.
Definition of old man's beard in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan