Definition of oleic acid in English:
An unsaturated fatty acid present in many fats and soaps.
- Soap molecules oleic acid and oleyl amine also included in the mixture tagged onto the metal particles and prevented them from growing beyond about 4nm in diameter.
- We present evidence that it is the unique profile of the phenolic fraction, along with high intakes of squalene and the monounsaturated fatty acid, oleic acid, which confer its health-promoting properties.
- That's because replacing polyunsaturated fatty acids with oleic acid could mean that less processing is needed to create the hardened but spreadable product.
early 19th century: oleic from Latin oleum 'oil'.
- Example sentences
- In Western Sandpipers, the level of oleate did not increase when birds were fed the canola oil diet with high levels of oleate, and oleate levels did not decrease on the tripalmitin diet with low levels of oleate.
- Similarly, Mallards deposit increased amounts of oleate during fattening prior to pairing and spring migration.
- The amount of oleate incorporated per vesicle during the fast phase was therefore stoichiometrically limited by the amount of preformed vesicle surface area.
Definition of oleic acid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan