- 1A highly spiced Spanish-style stew containing a mixture of meat and vegetables.More example sentences
- Here it takes the form of a simple chicken, chorizo and chickpea stew, the very nature of an olla podrida allowing you to use whatever you like.
- If any one thing can serve as the symbol for the cuisines of Spain, it is probably the olla, the earthenware pot in which so many one-pot dishes, especially cocido and olla podrida, are made.
- 1.1Any miscellaneous assortment or collection: an olla podrida of romance, comedy, and tragedyMore example sentences
- The perpetrators, rashly ignoring Rudyard Kipling's warning about East and West (never the twain shall meet), have concocted an olla podrida - a stew of oily East and putrid West clumsily combining the dregs of each.
Spanish, literally 'rotten pot', from Latin olla 'jar' + putridus 'rotten'.
More definitions of olla podridaDefinition of olla podrida in:
- The British & World English dictionary