Definition of ollie in English:
noun (plural ollies)
(In skateboarding and snowboarding) a jump performed without the aid of a takeoff ramp, executed by pushing the back foot down on the tail of the board, bringing the board off the ground.
- While Sherm dealt the frontside half-Cab flip and switch backside flip, Eric had the thankless task of working with the fakie ollie one-foot tail grab.
- Sean got on the board, and did a perfect ollie, and skated back towards Ashlee.
- I learned fakie ollies below coping, popping the tail off the wall and floating without hands.
verb (ollies, ollieing, ollied)[no object] Back to top
Perform an ollie.
- He talks about grinding and ollieing and stuff.
- I hopped on my skateboard and ollied up onto the sidewalk and skated towards the fence in front of the skate park.
- A grin formed on my face as I rode my little heart out, ollieing over benches, kick flipping over curbs and grinding along concrete barriers.
1980s: of unknown origin.
Definition of ollie in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan