Definition of omentum in English:
noun (plural omenta /-tə/)Anatomy
A fold of peritoneum connecting the stomach with other abdominal organs.
- Diagnostic laparoscopy was performed, which revealed dilated veins in the omentum and falciform ligament, a nodular liver, and a mass in the right lower quadrant.
- Gliomatosis peritonei is a miliary implantation of mature glial tissue on the omentum and peritoneum associated with ovarian teratomas.
- Metastatic tumor was present in the bilateral lungs, liver, omentum, bones, bilateral adrenal glands, abdominal lymph nodes, and liver.
late Middle English: from Latin.
- Example sentences
- Retroperitpneal, peripancreatic, porta hepatis and mesenteric / omental lymph node enlargement may be evident.
- A left salpingo-oophorectomy, left pelvic lymph node dissection, omental biopsy, and pelvic washings for cytology were performed.
- A detailed review of the patient's medical records confirmed a right hemicolectomy for an ileal carcinoid with lymph node and omental metastases that had been performed elsewhere 10 years earlier.
Definition of omentum in:
- British & World English dictionary