- An animal or person that eats food of both plant and animal origin.More example sentences
- Based on feeding habits, researchers broadly classify ray-finned fishes as herbivores, carnivores, omnivores, zooplanktivores and detrivores.
- Ambush foragers typically respond visually to moving prey, but omnivores and herbivores may frequently need to identify immobile plant parts as food.
- In the second part, the herbivores, omnivores, and carnivores are divided into large and small categories for comparison within and between subregions.
late 19th century: from French, from Latin omnivorus 'omnivorous'.
More definitions of omnivoreDefinition of omnivore in:
- The British & World English dictionary