- 1Continuing without stopping for a specified period of time: sometimes they’ll be gone for days on endMore example sentences
- Sonic would keep me occupied for hours on end.
- The Cochin Port Trust continued to maintain the steel structure for years on end.
- Sometimes their legs are tied together for years on end in the misguided hope that this will heal them.
- 2In an upright position: he brushed his hair, leaving a tuft standing on endMore example sentences
- Linda's hair was messed up and Aaron's auburn hair was standing straight on end.
- Oh, and needless to say, Ronnie Spector is a complete goddess whose voice can make the hairs on the back of one's neck stand on end.
- The other kind of trailer is the one that knocks your socks off, stands your hair on end, sears the retina and leaves you gasping.
More definitions of on endDefinition of on end in:
- The British & World English dictionary