- Because of or in order to demonstrate one’s adherence to a particular belief: he refused, on principle, to pay the fineMore example sentences
- I have never been in a limo in my life and would refuse to do so on principle.
- Pittman said he later spoke to an employee who apologized and asked him to keep his subscription, but he quit on principle.
- But I wouldn't go in there now on principle, even if you paid me.
More definitions of on principleDefinition of on principle in:
- The British & World English dictionary