- A gene that in certain circumstances can transform a cell into a tumor cell.More example sentences
- Thus the presence of p53 mutation may trigger precipitate the derailment of the cell cycle machinery, rendering cells susceptible to additional aberrations in other important oncogenes and tumour suppressor genes.
- Recent studies have been investigating these conditions for the presence of specific translocations and the expression of oncogenes and tumour suppressor genes.
- This mechanism has been shown to be operational in the case of various oncogenes and tumour suppressor genes.
More definitions of oncogeneDefinition of oncogene in:
- The British & World English dictionary