- The technique or practice of gaining a feeling of superiority over another person.More example sentences
- It is pathetic though to see the TN government indulge in one-upmanship with political rivals over the elimination of Veerappan.
- It would have been a simple matter to pilfer their tawdry Christmas illuminations in order to gain one-upmanship this year.
- Each time a council meeting is cancelled or postponed because of political manoeuvring and one-upmanship, the real business of the municipality suffers.
More definitions of one-upmanshipDefinition of one-upmanship in:
- The British & World English dictionary