(also Internet dating)
Definition of online dating in English:
The practice of searching for a romantic or sexual partner on the Internet, typically via a dedicated website: with the rise of Internet dating has come a new carelessness about dating etiquette
More example sentences
- Ten per cent of the 2,000 people questioned for the BT poll said they were seeing people they met through internet dating or social networking sites.
- I'm in my mid-30s and have started doing some internet dating.
- I have had plenty of relationship experience in the past but never really "dated" very actively until the advent of internet dating.
online dater noun (also Internet dater)
- Example sentences
- The "confidence man" of the nineteenth century, with his dandified ruses, is replaced by the well-chosen screen name and false autobiography of the unscrupulous Internet dater.
- Nothing feels worse to online daters than being told that there are no matches for them.
- 94% of online daters questioned said that they met their online dates for more than one meeting.
Definition of online dating in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.