- A semiprecious variety of agate with different colors in layers.More example sentences
- I should stock up one jade, rubies, onyx, malachite, and diamonds.
- Most of them were common gems - rubies, diamonds, onyxes, sapphires, emeralds, topazes, and so on, and were used to supplement Elements and Talents.
- Onyx, especially black onyx is said to help overcome hearing problems and to promote concentration and self-control.
Middle English: from Old French oniche, onix, via Latin from Greek onux 'fingernail or onyx'.
More definitions of onyxDefinition of onyx in:
- The British & World English dictionary