(also optical art)
- A form of abstract art that gives the illusion of movement by the precise use of pattern and color, or in which conflicting patterns emerge and overlap. Bridget Riley and Victor Vasarely are its most famous exponents.More example sentences
- We entered a smaller room than most, featuring modernist paintings and sculptures from the surrealist to the abstract expressionist, from op art to found art, from the photographic to the neoraphaelite.
- After World War II, Scandinavian design, abstract expressionism, op art and the postmodern Memphis style were also felt.
- Nice trippy visuals in the background: negative horses, Russian dancers, a pit-head, Bridget Riley op art, an eyeball, windfarms, a bolt of lightning.
1960s: on the pattern of pop art.
More definitions of op artDefinition of op art in:
- The British & World English dictionary