- Denoting or printed on the page opposite the editorial page in a newspaper, devoted to commentary, feature articles, etc..More example sentences
- Needless to say, these are not the people who write the op-ed pages of European newspapers.
- So he wrote an op-ed piece in the newspapers and people started hearing about Wikipedia.
- His foreign minister wrote an article in the op-ed page of The Washington Post this week.
1940s: shortening of op(posite the) ed(itorial page).
More definitions of op-edDefinition of op-ed in:
- The British & World English dictionary