Definition of opacify in English:
verb (opacifies, opacifying, opacified)technical
Make or become opaque.
- Thrombosed AVMs may not opacify during angiography and may only be recognized as areas of avascular mass effect or very subtle arteriovenous shunting.
- Catheter shapes vary from flush catheters that opacify large vessels to selective catheters that can be introduced into branch vessels.
- The normal gallbladder (without stones) becomes opacified after the ingestion of iodinated contrast tablets.
- Example sentences
- The patient was a 65-year-old with diabetes mellitus who developed unilateral periorbital edema and facial swelling with sinus opacification on computed tomography.
- On admission, chest radiograph showed bilateral lower lobe ground glass opacification, and there were bilateral lower lobe crackles on auscultation of the chest.
- In some severe cases, diffuse opacification suggestive of acute respiratory distress syndrome develops despite intensive treatment.
Definition of opacify in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.