Definition of opacify in English:
verb (opacifies, opacifying, opacified)technical
Make or become opaque.
- Thrombosed AVMs may not opacify during angiography and may only be recognized as areas of avascular mass effect or very subtle arteriovenous shunting.
- Catheter shapes vary from flush catheters that opacify large vessels to selective catheters that can be introduced into branch vessels.
- The normal gallbladder (without stones) becomes opacified after the ingestion of iodinated contrast tablets.
- Example sentences
- The patient was a 65-year-old with diabetes mellitus who developed unilateral periorbital edema and facial swelling with sinus opacification on computed tomography.
- On admission, chest radiograph showed bilateral lower lobe ground glass opacification, and there were bilateral lower lobe crackles on auscultation of the chest.
- In some severe cases, diffuse opacification suggestive of acute respiratory distress syndrome develops despite intensive treatment.
Definition of opacify in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan