Definition of open-eyed in English:
1With the eyes open or wide open.
- My open-eyed hours are spent worrying about not getting to sleep and wondering why no one's ever invented a concealer that really does cover up bags and shadows.
- The pictures are so fascinating that it's hard to go back to normal open-eyed vision.
- He said that after reviewing widely broadcast video footage of Terri Schiavo - in which she stares open-eyed and open-mouthed - he concluded that the diagnosis of ‘persistent vegetative state’ was in error.
1.1Clear-sighted; perceptive; fully aware: an open-eyed approach to political manipulation
More example sentences
- I appreciate your knowledge and open-eyed perception, but get together with physical groups of people who will make their voices heard on tv, radio, internet, etc.
- His approach to such problems is painstaking, thorough, open-eyed and receptive.
- Much of the commentariat does get off lightly from life's troubles, and this is a serious moral issue; but it can't be hijacked for use by those opposed to the Iraq war to award themselves brownie points for open-eyed moral integrity.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan