1With the eyes open or wide open.
- My open-eyed hours are spent worrying about not getting to sleep and wondering why no one's ever invented a concealer that really does cover up bags and shadows.
- The pictures are so fascinating that it's hard to go back to normal open-eyed vision.
- He said that after reviewing widely broadcast video footage of Terri Schiavo - in which she stares open-eyed and open-mouthed - he concluded that the diagnosis of ‘persistent vegetative state’ was in error.
1.1Clear-sighted; perceptive; fully aware: an open-eyed approach to political manipulation
More example sentences
- I appreciate your knowledge and open-eyed perception, but get together with physical groups of people who will make their voices heard on tv, radio, internet, etc.
- His approach to such problems is painstaking, thorough, open-eyed and receptive.
- Much of the commentariat does get off lightly from life's troubles, and this is a serious moral issue; but it can't be hijacked for use by those opposed to the Iraq war to award themselves brownie points for open-eyed moral integrity.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.