(also open relationship)
- A marriage or relationship in which both partners agree that each may have sexual relations with others.More example sentences
- In truth, there are all sorts of marriages, and to name just a few there are: Marriages of convenience, civil marriages, common law marriages, mixed marriages, open marriages, shotgun marriages, and even marriage by proxy!
- Philippe confesses to several affairs over the years, but instead of breaking up like normal angry lovers would, the poor dope gets his lady to agree to an open marriage.
- It's more akin to what the Californians call ‘an open marriage’, but it's not an open marriage.
More definitions of open marriageDefinition of open marriage in:
- The British & World English dictionary