- A primary election in which voters are not required to declare party affiliation.More example sentences
- They then scuttled an attempt at a true open primary where voters could cross party lines to vote for the best person, and not the best party person.
- The thing that worries me about what's happened in Michigan just recently with some of these open primaries is that at least half of the voters were either Democrats or independent.
- And it depends on whether it's an open primary or a closed primary.
More definitions of open primaryDefinition of open primary in:
- The British & World English dictionary