- A large area of grazing land without fences or other barriers.More example sentences
- The cabin doesn't sit out on the open range where the buffalo roam but down in the rough ground near Beaver Creek.
- A city is an ‘open economy,’ free to immigration of everything but land, something like an open range or fishery.
- And despite my own once-soaring images of life on the open range, there's little in the way of romance.
More definitions of open rangeDefinition of open range in:
- The British & World English dictionary