- A supposed secret that is in fact known to many people.More example sentences
- I suppose it was an open secret that Fortune Mike had a kidney problem and that it never really cleared up.
- It signals the inevitability of secrets being opened in small communities, and the fact that open secrets necessitate the importance of self and social presentation.
- Yet our secret government is an open secret: a condition that cannot last.
More definitions of open secretDefinition of open secret in:
- The British & World English dictionary