- Of or relating to the eye and its diseases.More example sentences
- For 50 years Dr Magauran worked as an ophthalmic medical practitioner for a firm of opticians in Sutton and Epsom and also saw private patients in her home.
- This text will be of interest primarily to veterinary ophthalmologists, ophthalmic pathologists, and ocular oncologists.
- Now, there are only 5,000 optometrists, 15,000 ophthalmic surgeons and 25,000 opticians.
early 17th century: via Latin from Greek ophthalmikos, from ophthalmos 'eye'.
More definitions of ophthalmicDefinition of ophthalmic in:
- The British & World English dictionary