Definition of ophthalmology in English:
The branch of medicine concerned with the study and treatment of disorders and diseases of the eye.
- He entered St Mary's Hospital Medical School in 1933 and while there won prize exams in surgery, ophthalmology, and obstetrics and gynaecology.
- Carmeda is conducting research in key sectors such as ophthalmology, orthopedics, and neurology.
- Most of the work will be in orthopaedics and ophthalmology - specialties with the longest waiting lists.
- Example sentences
- As an aside, the report does not indicate whether any underlying eye disease was fortuitously diagnosed by the ophthalmological referrals.
- Full ophthalmological assessment can help narrow the differential diagnosis.
- Scientists are learning more about how diabetes affects the cardiovascular, renal, nervous, and ophthalmological systems.
- Example sentences
- Recently, doctors in various sub-specialties such as dermatologists, gynecologists, ophthalmologists, and even dentists are performing plastic surgery procedures.
- Moore collaborates with cardiologists, neurologists, ophthalmologists and other health-care providers to care for repatriates.
- Dr Deb Colville is a paediatric ophthalmologist at the Royal Children's Hospital in Melbourne.
Words that rhyme with ophthalmologyanthropology, apology, archaeology (US archeology), astrology, biology, campanology, cardiology, chronology, climatology, cosmology, craniology, criminology, dermatology, ecology, embryology, entomology, epidemiology, etymology, geology, gynaecology (US gynecology), haematology (US hematology), hagiology, horology, hydrology, iconology, ideology, immunology, iridology, kidology, meteorology, methodology, musicology, mythology, necrology, neurology, numerology, oncology, ontology, ornithology, parasitology, pathology, pharmacology, phraseology, phrenology, physiology, psychology, radiology, reflexology, scatology, Scientology, seismology, semiology, sociology, symbology, tautology, technology, terminology, theology, topology, toxicology, urology, zoology • eulogy • energy • synergy • apogee • liturgy • lethargy
Definition of ophthalmology in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India