Definition of opportune in English:
1(Of a time) well-chosen or particularly favorable or appropriate: he couldn’t have arrived at a less opportune moment
More example sentences
- The three grants totalling US $7.3 million given to Zambia by Japan could not have come at a more opportune time.
- Journalists alarmed by the directions of both the profession and journalism education said the initiative comes at an opportune time.
- He also believed it was an opportune time to walk away.
- Example sentences
- Mac's opportunely released their impressive Pilsner in their new bottles and we sampled beers from Wigram Brewing Company in Christchurch, who are newcomers to the scene.
- In the evenings, the motor yacht is opportunely anchored for the sublime South Pacific sunsets, best viewed from the broad Sky Deck with a Fiji Bitter in one hand and a camera in the other.
- We must step up our efforts to ensure that they are returned to Britain opportunely.