noun(someone's opposite number)
- A person whose position or rank in another group, organization, or country is equivalent to that held by someone already mentioned.More example sentences
- Main's opposite number Craig Gordon had already fumbled the ball.
- In doing so he got away from his opposite number and was almost always in a good position to receive a pass.
- Nate Hybl could not match the accuracy of his opposite number.
More definitions of opposite numberDefinition of opposite number in:
- The British & World English dictionary